Re: Thanks for Coax advice. What about preamps?

-> Everyone sings the praises of mast mounted pre-amps.
-> Can anyone offer a clueless newbie some sage advice on preamps. What
-> do folks recommend.  Good manufacturers? Models to avoid?  Are you
-> better off to run a seperate power line or does powering it up the
-> coax work?
-> Robert Rice

I use the SSB SP-2000 and the SP-7000; they are excellent performers.

I ran separate power for my preamps (I can power each one up
individually) because I realized my Polyphaser surge protectors block
DC, so powered coax wouldn't work.

Steve Diggs, W4EPI