Re: yeasu 5400 wiring

Hello Bkuhns,

I use BELDEN 9405, 8 conductors, 6 each at #18 and 2 each at #16

1 run for the azimuth drive and a second run for the elevation drive.
the Yaesu 5400 only requires 6 conductors for either the azimuth or
the elevation drive.

I use the remaining 2 conductors for other functions like antenna
polarity selection or hard keying mast mounted preamplifiers...etc.

I ran the 9405 to the rotator, used the 6 conductors on the terminal
strips then bored 2 holes in each plastic terminal cover and added
screws and nuts for an additional 2 terminals on the plastic cover and
accessible from the outside... one spare wire to either screw... I
used stainless steel hardware.

Stan, WA1ECF