Re: Thanks for Coax advice. What about preamps?

In a message dated 10/17/99 10:43:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kd9kc@elp.rr.com writes:

> I am still considering a 100 watt Mirage
>  for 432, or a 160 watt model, the manufacturer's name eludes me
>  this morning.

Hope you're considering Teletec. These are among the only "linear" bricks
that I'm aware of. They use temperature compensated active biasing on the
output which makes them extremely linear. I use mine both on the birds and
for terrestrial contesting. I've used Mirage (I have a D3010) and used to run
it at 10% less than max output in an effort to keep it clean. One thing about
the Teletec DXP U150, the amp is great! The internal receive preamp is _not_
great. Make sure to bypass it.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649