y2k

I know this is a subject that has been beat to death, but we had a
question on our weekly net that i can't seem to get an answer to.
Somebody mentioned that there will some sort of a y2k drill on Oct. 23.
i don't know if it is true or not, but if  anybody has any info, I would
appreciate it.  I  e-mailed the ARRL, and got no answer.  tnx in advance
for any help.  73 de KB9JWG