RE: [FlexNet] RE:FlexNet for 9600 packet satellites?

Answer is NO !

PB and PG use KISS to link "satellite" program running in PC to TNC.

PC FlexNet is a "network protocol" program running in a PC.

FlexNet has it's own drivers to communicate to TNC's (6PACK) to other
computers (KISS) and to sound cards used as modems.

I should highlight that FlexNet's "KISS.EXE" is a partial implementation of
the normal KISS, intended solely to communicate computer to computer. (i.e.
PC to PC or PC to RMNC )

Hence, FlexNet, if it even would understand "KISS" data from PB and PG,
would attempt to wrap it in "FlexNet Protocol" before sending it on to the
sound card !

What your looking for is a sound card modem that has a standard KISS
interface, in order to emulate a TNC in KISS mode.  I don't think that
exists today.

I'd suggest looking at the YAM modem, which is a small (DB-25 connector
shell size) complete TNC.
It's built out of a FPGA (field programmable gate array) that gets
programmed at startup by a batch file in the PC, and then emulates a
complete TNC thereafter..

I don't know if it will do standard KISS, but it may...

It does support both 1k2 AFSK and 9k6 FSK modes !!

73   John WB2CIK