RE: [FlexNet] RE:FlexNet for 9600 packet satellites?

Much of this depends on what you want to do, what operating
system you're running under, and how much code you're prepared to
write.

The FlexNet API is documented and there is nothing preventing you
from writing PACSAT protocol software to talk to it. This sounds like
a classic "Somebody ought to do XYZ" - except that you're that
somebody. If you want it, start writing. I'd start with a broadcast
protocol receiver, get the hole management right (the hard part), and
then top it off with fill requests. Your mileage may vary.

There are already implementations of pb and pg running under Linux
that will talk to sound cards, Baycom-style modems and KISS. The
applications don't actually care; they just open a socket and use
it. The interface to the outside world is Linux's problem, and it
does it well.

IV3MWV's delightful Yet Another Modem doesn't do KISS. Its interface
is similar to Baycom et al. I have one, and had a very interesting
time at my bank getting a bank draft in Euros to pay for it.

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte