Mob psychology, John Wayne and the class clown

Red Johnson wrote:

> It is NOT restricted to hams however, look at the majority of news groups
> and you will find the same John Waynes beating up electronically on everyone
> and anyone.

Nor is it strictly an Internet phenomenon; it takes discipline
--self-imposed or imposed by a control op or moderator-- to maintain
order in front of any sufficently large audience--having many ears
brings out the "John Waynes" in force...try any linked repeater system
with sufficiently large footprint.

Maybe even AO-27.

John Wayne, whaever one thought of his politics, was at least a
gentleman though; I doubt he would have simply turned up the ERP because
someone else was using "his" satellite.