7th Jewelry Contest

Leanore and I would like to thank all of the entrants in this year's
contest.  The spirit in which it is accepted is magnificent, and we
sincerely hope it is as much fun for you as it is for us.  We were
fortunate to have the convention here in San Diego, and of course we look
forward to next year in Maine!

With the latter in mind, any and all suggestions for the Eighth Contest in
Maine will be accepted gratefully!

The total number of entries, 80, came by amateur satellites, e-mail,
telephone, with most of them hand delivered at the convention or ham clubs
in the area.  The winner, Eddie Pettis,  N5JGK, came within .0018261 mHz of
the "correct" frequency of 435.8531739!

Duane Naugle,  KO6BT was second, and Anthony Monteiro, AA2TX, came in third.

No, none of them made contact using the antenna, but  three attending the
convention did.

Tnx agn.

    73 Dave   wb6llo@amsat.org

           Disagree; I learn.