Re: Big oops. Pardon my brainlock.

    But in the meantime I'd hacked SatTrack into running on my Linux RH6
    server at home...and *thought* I had worked out the procedure for
    installing new keps into the program...but this was the first time (now
    that the above URL is out of service) that I'd actually tried to *use* a
    prediction from the Linux copy, and I also had my brand new Arrow out
    for a spin at the same time. I could *swear* I'd seen it delivering
    predictions with more current data, but obviously that was not the case.
    So often we see what we want to see rather than what is there.

It's not necessarily your 'oops'.  I checked the currently Debian LINUX
SatTrack package (since a new one just came out to shake out bugs in
preparation for a new major releaee, named 'potato'), and indeed, it has
ancient KEPS.  I filed a bug report about it and another installation
problem, and have already heard back from the maintainer.  When you
install the next Debian package of SatTrack, it should have current
KEPS.
                        -- KD6PAG  (Networking Old-Timer...)