Further questions and comments and Thank You's

Thanks to everyone that has sent me information as to antennas for satellite
operations. Many of you have mentioned the "Arrow Antenna" which a friend of
mine has and demonsrated its ability to copy the sats on. However I am
looking mostly at building antennas for home use over the long cold winter
months where standing on the porch in a snow storm seems out of the question
from a comfort standpoint. Not to mean I won't work for a contact just that I
am looking for more of a home based setup which I feel I can do with the
various antenna plans I have received so far.

    One other antenna question has arisen though, in the ARRL Handbook under
satellite communications it mentions using a J-Pole antenna as designed for 2
meters and 70 centimeters but not to sure which satellites this would be good
for? From past experience I have seen/read that j-poles have 2 main "lobes"
at the horizon/low angle and a hi angle/ overhead lobe that seems that it
would be a good canidate to start with for AO-27 work.

    Also as for radio output power, after reading the MANY,MANY messages
about power mongering I am a little wary of using my favorite radios of
choice as they are commercial style Motorola MCX-100's that usually run at 35
- 40 watts and can only be turned down to about 25 watts dependably. Also
after bad experiences in the past I do not own a handheld radio. So at these
power levels will I fall into the power mongerer classification? Not trying
to ruffle anyones feathers by these comments/question just that I want to try
to get along with the other operators on the "birds"...

73's Jacob Tennant,KB8QIR