Re: GPS for Symposium hotel

At 08:46 AM 10/11/1999 -0400, you wrote:

>I finally got packets out of the COnference by stealing two handfulls
>of Helium balloons from the decorations and letting them carry my
>Twin-lead J pole 14 feet above my room balcony so that my antenna cleared
>the hotel roof...

. . .Then a bad boy began throwing rocks at Bob's  balloons, yelling "APRS
is a stupid mode!"  As the antenna sank lifeless to the roof, a new balloon
appeared by Bob's window.  Then another, and another.  Soon all the
balloons in San Diego had abandoned their owners and gathered by Bob's
window.  They lifted Bob high in the sky for a tour of the city.  With his
position duly reported by APRS, of course.  :-)

73,
--Peter, KD7MW, with apologies to that wonderful old French film "Le ballon
rouge" (The Red Balloon).

--- Peter