RE: AO27 (again)

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Michael P. Olbrisch wrote:

> The operating technique that seems to work best is to have
> enough ERP to be heard.  Maybe when I retire in 20 years or
> so I can try those week-day passes that are supposed to be
> so easy to work.

Sneak outside Mike <grin>, the weekday passes are a lot of fun and if I
can regurally do it with just a whip antenna and 5 watts, anybody can do
it! John Mock told me of a technique using a chain link fence to act as a
reflector, I have found that I can use one of those great big steel trash
dumpsters and accomplish the same thing. I do look a bit odd lurking
around a trash dumpster but it's amazing how a big piece of steel like
that can really help out as a reflector.

73 de Jeff

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           - Warn others of the NWO conspiracy! Numbers 10:9 -
           ---  Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key  ---