3KW ERP for FM birds?

In a message dated 10/10/99 9:13:26 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
kd9kc@elp.rr.com writes:

>  This is not rocket science, as I have said
>  before.  Big beams and amplifiers are becoming the rule rather than
>  the exception.  Careful shopping in the hamfests will find some good
>  deals.  3KW ERP is easily accomplished with a bit of care.  Mine should
>  be finished soon, and I would be happy to share the plans with your
>  friend.  One of the keys is to mount the amplifier at the antenna,
>  so the full 160 watts goes into the 15+dB gain.

I don't know which is worse, the satellite hogs stepping on others while
using high power earth stations or someone who refuses to change his flawed
operating technique and instead aspires to become part of the problem he is
complaining about.

Get an Arrow antenna, hook it to your HT, and you'll be pleasantly surprised
how easy it can be.   :-)

Lee Devlin, KØLEE
Greeley, CO
http://members.aol.com/lee810/ham.html