Re: Re: M2 Rotator mast

Vic -

Some notes in addition to Mark's-
1)  It sounds like you may not have received the aluminum center shaft
yet.  The aluminum center shaft was shipped to me in a separate shipping
container from the fiberglass tubes. (The assembly/instructions sheet
was also packaged with the aluminum rod.)  My guess would be that the
aluminum rod got separated from the other package in shipping and may
show up in a day or two.

2)  When you get all of the crossboom pieces together, you might want to
check the fit of the crossboom to the G5500 rotor.  I found that I
needed to "shave off" 1/4" of length from both fiberglass tubes at the
rotor ends (the ends with the drilled holes) to make things fit.  I
wasn't too happy in doing this since it reduces the overlap between the
aluminum rod and the fiberglass tubes, but that appeared to be my only
choice short of looking for a different crossboom.

I am slowly assembling the station at home here.  I have only been on
the analog satellites for two days so far as a portable station under
the Field Day callsign K9LA.

I hope this too helps. 73, Charlie, KC9LA  <KC9LA@amsat.org>