Re: M2 Rotator mast

Hi Vic:

I went through the same scenario a few years ago. First, the M2 crossboom should
have a short chunk of 1.5" aluminum stock with two holes in it. That's made to
pass through the elevation rotator and pin the two fiberglass tubes on each side.
(I mentioned this because you didn't state if there was an aluminum shaft in the
kit)

For the 1.5" hardware vs. 2.0" inch tube size: I contacted M2 about the problem
and they promptly forwarded a pair of 1.5" X 2' fiberglass shafts. Each of the
fiberglass shafts fit inside the tubing, M2 recommended that I simply use an
epoxy to weld the tubing and shaft together leaving about 6" sticking out to
mount my KLM hardware. (I cheated and left 1' stick out, giving me a wider
crossboom in the process) Pinning the two really isn't neccessary since
fiberglass is made with an epoxy and fiber mix, it's critical to make sure both
parts are very clean before 'welding' them together. Mine were up for several
years in North Dakota before I moved to Minnesota, they were solid upon my last
inspection.

Hope this helps you Vic. I know many people on the reflector have run into this
problem before.

73
Mark Fossum - N0NSV