M2 Rotator mast

I have a Yaesu G5500 rotator and two circular polarized KLM beam antenneas
that I am ready to put up on the tower. I opened the box that my M2 heavy
duty fiberglass cross beam came in and found that it is in two pieces and
that the outside diameter is 2 inches, much larger than the 1 1/2 inches that
the rotator allows. The inside diameter is about 1 1/2 inches however. Am I
supposed to use a piece of 1 1/2 outside diameter pipe between the two pices
of mast, and how am I supposed to affix the antennea mounting brackets to the
mast? The clamps are way too small.  Help!  I hope somebody has experienced
the same thing and can help.
Thanks in advance, Vic  KE6DID