Re: QRO vs QRP

   If everyone had the same definition of "QRO" as Jeff, KB2WQM,
   we'd all be a whole lot better off.

   73, Ray
   w2rs@amsat.org

Well, i worked VA3JDH/K6 on no more than a couple hundred milliwatts into
a homebrew hand-held antenna on the AO-27 Pacific pass.  I tried calling
you, Ray, several times (and thought i heard myself in the downlink, as
i back off when i don't), but i wouldn't be surprised if you just couldn't
get in to reply, as your downlink wasn't very strong.

I also heard you on the second SUNSAT pass and was trying you with 1W
(increased power as i was operating a roof-mounted version of the same
antenna with a fixed elevation), but it was really hard to get into that
bird.  The downlink sounded awesome, even at 1W.  We had two rare states/
provinces on that pass, so it may have been even worse than usual.  I
really wanted to work VE8EV and K7MT, but realized that it would be best
to step aside until later in the pass, when things had started improving
markedly.  Alas, i got 'had' by the SUNSAT equivalent of TEPR shutoff, so
that'll have to wait for another day.  But i did get a chance to work
VE6EGN, so i got my first SUNSAT contact, and will be satisified with
that.
                              -- KD6PAG

P.S.  I had the option of running 35W on SUNSAT, but it didn't seem like
it was entirely necessary...  *grin*