Re: AO-27 experiment

Good point Roy. I travel often at work, by plane or car. I use with
varying  degrees of success, in order of POD(Probability Of Detection)on
AO-27/SO-35,  an Arrow antenna with preamp, a collapasable dual band
whip, a long rubber duck, and lastly the standard rubber duck.  I used to
use a Yaesu 51R(full duplex), but found my VX5R more convient to carry
around, and it has a better receiver. I also calculate the passes with my
Palm Pilot, used to print off schedules and carry with me. When I was on
vacation several years ago in Maine I actually worked a couple of
European country's on a standard rubber duck antenna! At this point I
don't see any sense in running 1 or 2 watts, I fire up my 5 WATTS!!  QRP
be damned....

73 Jeff kb2wqm