Re: Modern Engineers

Ethnic and racial slurs are off-topic and unbecoming anywhere, especially
on an international forum.

It sounds to me like the Mars Orbiter debacle was more of a communication
and project management failure than an engineering failure.  I'll bet that
investigation will show that the supplied English units were correct--they
just needed to be converted to metric, and somebody skipped a step.

The original poster's remarks about the lowering of educational standards
might be debatable. Hmmm, let's compile a list of pre-1960s science and
engineering blunders from the "good old days."

My contribution:  "Galloping Gertie," the original bridge across the Tacoma
Narrows here in Washington State in the 1930s.  Now a textbook example of
how ignoring wind-induced harmonic motion can ruin your whole day.

Now excuse me.  I'm busy trying to synthesize quinine from coal tar. :-)

73 from KD7MW

--- Peter