Re: MARS Climate Observer -- Failure Mode

Interesting observations David. I would be very curious to know how did JPL and
LockMart
"communicated" between themselves and the MARS observer while it was still on
it's way.
If memory serves (most rusty these days :-), they did have to make some minor
in-flight corrections to the trajectory or
some other maneuver changes; know what ah mean Vern?.

For both JPL's and LockMart's sake I would like to recommend a book called:
"Pocket Ref" by Thomas  J. Glover, published by Sequoia Publishing of Littleton,
CO.
ISBN:  1-885071-00-0 [2nd Edition].  Perhaps in the future it "may" resolve
certain
Metric vs. English widget conversion problems - then again it may not :-).

Now about us bubbas, I resemble that.....

~Attila the Hun
[a.k.a. WB2GZM/VK3JJH]