Re: digital sattelites

At 01:43 PM 10/1/99 -0400, Nathan Moore wrote:

>I'm very new to amsat and ham and am interested in working some of the
digital
>sattelites.  Are there any sites out there that address this topic?  Also,
are
>there many things one can get off of the sattelites besides conversation and
>images?

Last time I checked there was all kinds of information on AMSAT's web site.
Oddly enough, books remain a useful resource for this kind of stuff. Funny
the way that works.

Let's turn the question around: what would you like to get off the
satellites? What are you prepared to contribute to make it happen?

Me? I've been playing with lots of telemetry lately. I know that to some
this ranks right up there with watching paint dry, but it has its rewards.
Kinda voyeuristic, ya know.

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte