Re: MARS Climate Observer -- Failure Mode

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, John Becker wrote:

> EXCUSE ME but, it was our toy we could have used
> feet and inches.  We did when I was with McDonnell Douglas
> working on the 4F F15 AV8 and the F18 programs.
>
> John

Yeah, but when the contract says use measurement system X, it's usually
considered a good idea to do so. In this case, NASA had it in the contract
that the base units of measure where to be metric. Why LM decided to
ignore this one is something that you'd have to ask them.....

Later,
Andy
WD9IYT