De: K5OE@aol.com
A: tac@clark.net; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Objet: Re: [amsat-bb] MARS Climate Observer -- Failure Mode
Date:  01 10 1999 06:06

Tom,
This happens more often in the real world than most people would like to
believe.  On a chemical plant project I am working on (being built in
Malaysia), the underground ductbank (used to hold electrical cables) is
specified on the drawings as being 3 feet deep.  We now have a dispute with
the owner, who claims we should have known the ductbank was to be 3 meters
deep (ostensibly, to protect it from truck traffic).  It's a lump sum job.
What can I say?

When it is all said and done, you can be sure NASA will rest the blame on
L-M, the contractor.
73,
Jerry, K5OE