Flexnet bug ?

I am having trouble with the Baycom terminal when running Flexnet.  Every
thing seems to be humming along fine until every now and again it freezes up
and displays an exclamation mark on the upper right hand corner of the
screen.  I am running a Toshiba Satellite 2065 and using Flexnet v3.3f in
dos safe mode.  I haven’t been able to get it running in Windows 98.  I
know, some say it does not work in Windows 98, but it ran in the W98
platform on my other computer.  It gives me the following error message when
I run it in windows 98 on my laptop “This version has expired—you need an
update.  Outgoing connections are no longer possible.”

                                  73’s de KQ6UP