1200 AFSK PACSAT Uplink [was: AO16/LO19 Traknet Operational!]

    Yes,  AND having done that, there is always a transition at least at 1200
    Hz rate, so you dont need a MODEM.  Just low pass filter it and plug it
    into the Mic-Jack of any 2m FM radio.  So the $2 WB4APR mod for manchester
    not only converts to Manchester bits, but also replaces the MODEM...

    de Bob

However, with the LINUX 'soundmodem' software, not only is the modem in
software, but the TNC is as well.  So, no, the hardware solution doesn't
help.  Knowing the characteristics of the low pass filter, on the other
hand, might.  Please see my previous posting to John Magliacane KD2BD
and the AMSAT-BB mailing list for further discussion.  (By the way, i've
been involved with the synthesis and analysis of musical sounds since
the early 70's, so this problem is quite trivial by comparison.)

I am also looking for information about exactly what BPSK encoding does,
so i can receive as well as transmit.

                           -- KD6PAG  (Networking Old-Timer, "RF newbie")