Re: Opinion on Ampire Preamps?

Hello Mark,

I have only seen pictures of the AMPIRE stuff and have never analyzed
them on the bench with a NF meter.

However I have looked at the Landwehr 2M and 70 cm mast mounted
preamplifiers and their in band performance is about 1 dB NF and
enough gain.. Their best quality is the out of band performance with a
high level of rejection out of band, both below and above the band of
interest.

The LANDWEHR devices are sold by Henry Radio in CA. The last time I
saw pricing, they were cost effective.

Stan, WA1ECF