Re: Sunsat this weekend

Ib, gang

Ib Christoffersen writes:
snip
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a controller at least over
> Europe (NO - I am not a candidate).

I am against this idea. The HF bands are full of "policemen" and it usually
makes things worse; I suggest we don't want this regime on the satellites.
And a controller would need much more power than everyone else; on last
weekends SUNSAT passes I was trying with 100W to 12-ele yagis - didn't even
hear a het' note through the madhouse.

As a DX operator who has been on the hot end of the pile-ups (/EA8  8P6DR
ZF1WL VP2AGA etc) I find that the North American operators have the best
discipline in pile-ups. Yet even they are unable to regulate the AO27 hogs
although when a "special" is happening they will often stand by for it. As
we saw during the Colloquium, the European hogs will just scream louder and
run some more kilowatts ... and the hell with everyone else. Thats what you
get when a satellite only has a single channel - sorry.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188