PSK, Costas Loops, and simplicity (was: RE: AO16/LO19 Uplink w ANY PC!)

When I described a Costas Loop PSK decoder as simple, I hope people
realise that I was taking a system view - while the software is
indeed non-trivial (though well understood), the hardware is
straightforward, and it allows a far simpler downlink receiver,
more than offsetting (IMHO) the complexity of the demodulator.
Which is all software anyway...

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte