Tracking programs

I recently purchased a KCT/T second hand. It is vintage 1991, I am not sure
as to the best position to set the switches at for proper operation with a
modern Pentium II. I understand that there is also a special sequence for
initializing the card and setting my initial settings as well as possibly
some other possible quirks(resistors that need to be cut from the board). I
am also interested in opinions as to which of the aftermarket tracking
programs gives the best and easiest interface and operation. I'd greatly
appreciate any guidance that anyone can offer me.     Thanks,  Vic   KE6DID