Re: Whats' a good 2.4GHz antenna?

Allen Fugelseth wrote:

> It looks like my city government  is going to give me a hassle about
> installing a 24" dish.  What is a good alternative antenna for Mode S,
> 2.4GHz?  I want something that I could build.  Thanks.
>

>                         73, Allen Fugelseth WB6RWU
>                               Capitola, ca.

Maybe someone else can cite the exact wording, but I believe local
government no longer has jurisdiction over dishes up to 38" in diameter.
The FCC has preempted any local regulation both in city and homeowner
association situations so that people can install DSS (direct broadcast
TV) dishes.

If they are somehow disallowing your 24" S-band dish but allowing other
people's 38" Ku-band dishes then that's just plain corrupt.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist
chrise@n0jcf.com