Re: RE: [aprssig] RE: AO16/LO19 Uplink w ANY PC!

> > But of course, a $89 UHF downconverter and an old 10m SSB rig would make a
> > great portable AO16/LO19 downlink..
>
> Remember, most of the software that is out there on the market that does
> rig tuning thinks it's going to see something nice and shiny-new, with
> a computer post of some sort to talk to, so either you manual tune,
> or get really familiar with C or whatever language your tracker/tuner
> was written up in......

I think most PSK modems generate up/dn key clicks.  My PSK1 only requires
tuning initially at AOS, and from then on throuhgout the pass its hands
off.  Since I was talking about portable operation, the assumption is that
you manually tune out the doppler at the start of the pass until you get
lock.  Most 10m SSB rigs (CB market) have microphone up/dn buttons..?  Im
going to be using the RCI-2650 10m rig... (though not hooked up yet)...

bob