RE: [aprssig] AO16/LO19 Uplink w ANY PC!

Bob:

	Sounds like an interesting idea! How about no PC at all?? My off the
cuff idea would be to use one of those basic stamps to generate the
square wave output - yeah it's TTL, but does that matter if you're
thinking of using the DTR on RS232?? Not sure what the downlink is, but
if it's manchester as well, then a tap off the discriminator, couple of
transistors or an op amp and feed the radio's output back into the
stamp?? I've only been using the stamp for about 6 months on a remote
sensor project, but all the commands are there as well as enough I/O
pins to have different messages, etc. Maybe even an LCD panel - text
only of course..... I'm really new at APRS, and still sitting on the
side lines in SOCAL right now until I can have some free time.... Is
this plausible??

73

.mark

  Mark Schoonover KA6WKE	           IS Manager
  Trail Runner,HAM	             schoon@amgt.com
           ka6wke@wb6dgr.#sca.ca.usa.noam
  http://www.qsl.net/ka6wke       ka6wke-1 145.05
                Mobile: 146.52 & 28.470
    Lat: 32.85380 Long: -117.00980 Grid: DM12LU