RE: [aprssig] AO16/LO19 Uplink w ANY PC!

Yes, uplink is trivial.  THats all we need for most APRS...
DOwnlink is NOT easy.  Takes a PSK modem and SSB receiver...

bob

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 schoon@amgt.com wrote:

> Bob:
>
> 	Sounds like an interesting idea! How about no PC at all?? My off the
> cuff idea would be to use one of those basic stamps to generate the
> square wave output - yeah it's TTL, but does that matter if you're
> thinking of using the DTR on RS232?? Not sure what the downlink is, but
> if it's manchester as well, then a tap off the discriminator, couple of
> transistors or an op amp and feed the radio's output back into the
> stamp?? I've only been using the stamp for about 6 months on a remote
> sensor project, but all the commands are there as well as enough I/O
> pins to have different messages, etc. Maybe even an LCD panel - text
> only of course..... I'm really new at APRS, and still sitting on the
> side lines in SOCAL right now until I can have some free time.... Is
> this plausible??
>
> 73
>
> .mark

>  Mark Schoonover KA6WKE	           IS Manager
>  Trail Runner,HAM	             schoon@amgt.com
>           ka6wke@wb6dgr.#sca.ca.usa.noam
>  http://www.qsl.net/ka6wke       ka6wke-1 145.05
>                Mobile: 146.52 & 28.470
>    Lat: 32.85380 Long: -117.00980 Grid: DM12LU

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html