Re: Fiberglass pole question

==== snip ====
    I have one of the KLM 7-1/2' fiberglass poles. I has a 1" diameter hole
through the center.  The pole has a 1/4" wall thickness.  Is it advisable to
fill this with something for greater strength?  The pole will be driven with
a G5400B.  The pole will support my KLM 2M-14C, KLM 435-18C, and a 2 foot
dish.

Hi Allen,

My 5400B chewed up my KLM crossboom in less than a year (larger antennas,
however).  I cut off the good ends and used them inside my 2" M^2 crossboom.
It has a solid aluminum insert where the 5400B attaches.  It's been up for 6
years now and never slipped a single degree.  The KLM inside the larger M^2 was
a perfect press fit and provided a slight extension in length as well as the
1.5" diameter the 435 antenna's hardware is looking for.  I did pin the
crossbooms in addition to the press fit.  Just a thought when the time comes.

73 - JC,k0hps@amsat.org