Fiberglass pole question

Put 6 inch lengths of 1" D solid plastic rod or waterproofed wood dowelling
into the ends to prevent them from being crushed when you tighen the U-bolts
on the antennas. It ia also useful to put non-slip tape (like that used on
outdoor steps) on the pole under each U-bolt to prevent the antennas from
rotating. You may also want to paint the fiberglass to protect it from the
Sun. After 4-5 years or so it gets "fuzzy" on the outside from deterioration
due to UV.

I use two 6.5 ft. lengths of similar fiberglass poles joined at the center
for supporting 2 KLM 2M-22C, 2 KLM 435-40CX and 2 KLM 1.2-44LBX. They have
stayed up for 6 years.

The 2 ft. dish will present 3.2 sq. ft. of wind load if has a solid
reflector so keep it near the center of the array. The other antenna
elements must also be at least one-quarter wavelength away from the dish
edge (21" at 2m and 7" at 70cm). 3 feet from the 2-meter antenna and 1 foot
from the 70-cm antenna would be better.

73,

John, KD6OZH