Re: kansas city tracker tuner

Larry T wrote:

> I have the Kansas City TrackerTuner interface
> installed in my computer. and according to
> the brochure  of this interface in the Amsat
> Journal,it mentions it doesnt use your
> valuable commports,and just runs in the
> PCs spare time. Im running Wintrak Pro 5.0,
> and in the default setup it asks you to select a
> commport.

The KCT does not use a COM port.  Can't help you with Wintrak.

> also when the tracker cable
> is connected between the interface card
> and the Yaesu G5400B, the elevation
> rotor starts elevating the antennas without
> a satellite in view and moving over 90degrees.

There should be a note at the beginning of the manual that describes this
happening in a few cases.  The procedure is to:

1.  Remove the leads from the DB25 plug, pins 3,5,7,9 (the rotor control
leads).  Be sure to mark the leads for later reconnecting.

2.  Run the INSTALL.EXE program ad follow the calibration instructions.

3.  Reconnect the four leads amd it should be OK.

Some PCs, for some reason have the rotor control bits set and you cannot
reset them until you run the Install program.  However you can't do the
rotor calibration with the Install program if the rotors are going off on
their own.  Therefore the four leads have to be disconnected so you can
manually get control of the rotors.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org