friends vs gridsquares

Over the past several monthes I have read the many messages concerning
the ussage of AO-27.Most of these messages seem to me to convey the
proposion that that ao-27 should be used only for grid square hunting.I
can not for the life of me understand my why anyone would be more
interested in what my grid square is rather than who I was or where I
was located .
I have been active on satellite radio for about 11 years.Out of
curisority and before writing this I checked my log.I find that I have
worked about 1500 different satellite stations.102 countries,and all
states on three differnent satellites.As I have no interest in the ARRL
awards program  there are no ARRL awardes  hanging on my wall.
I am an old retred military man who has found satellite radio to have
been extremely rewarding.
What its all about to me is friendship.Saying hello to oldfriends,and
hopelully meeting new friends is whats its all about.I am writing this
with some reluctance,but with the encourgement of several of my dear old
satellite friends...73//Tom..N7MPM