1 st pass ao-27

Hello Group
Today during the first east coast pass of ao-27
I heard sstv on satellite ao-27
Is someone deliberately trying to send sstv on this satellite? or is it
ground interference?
In my humble oppioun , this is not the satellite for sstv.
Fo-29 fo-20 and ao-10 are much better candidates for sstv.

While I'm not in charge of any satellite or much else for that matter. I
think paket in the form of (mic -e ) would be a better mode.

I don't think that on a weekend pass that it makes much sense to try sstv. I
am a big fan of sstv and have over 600 pixs from the Mir space station. But I
think that sending even the shortest pix ( robot 32 ) takes 30 seconds and
that is almost 1/14 of the pass time.

Paket (aprs) or mic e encoded would not take more than one second and could
give info like home pages or email address for QSLing.

I think also that this being the only fm Bird on voice, excluding sunsat,
that now that every one and the dog knows how to get on ao-27 it might be
time to establist
a protocal for some sort of way that all can get their callsign heard on the
bird.

Perhaps the control opperators or the everyday users with 3000 contacts might
suggest a new method of use.

My suggestion is to limit transmissions to say one or two per pass. Perhaps
just giving your call.  I do notice users talking to the same people every
pass. E-mail might be a better way to disscuss how your antenna's are.

We have lots of pacsats fm included that are under used, The ham community at
this time has only the fm voice on ao-27 ( excluding sunsat) and we hams
always police ourselves , so maybe some rules are in order on ao-27.

I don't want to make the rules. And I don't want a flame war. I mostly use
the 9600 baud pacsats. The pacsat's have from 1 to 20 users at a time, that
don't interfer with each other. the PB and PG programs are very efficent ways
for lots of users to use a single frequency at the same time.

phase 3 d will have a system to black ball users that use too much uplink
power.
Ao-27 only has only our good sense and good will and good opperating skill 's
to control use.

Any thoughts?
Positive input?
Mic -e?
Limit uplinks to one or two per pass.
Suffix's   (a-f) mondays   (g - m)  tues(m- s) wens  ?

Thanks for reading this and all flames will be deleted not answered.

My vote self control. Perhaps mic-e instead of regular packet.
SSTV never.
Rick KB0VBZ