Re: 145.900 is not just used by pacsats!

I agree with these fellows in a modified way.  Indeed one of the most
useful frequencies on AO10 is 145.890/145.90 which is where APRS
experiments indicated best uplink thruput on Pacsat.  Coupled with the
notion that no immediate feedback occurs doing this results in confusion.
Satellite operations require well thought out, well documented and stable
systems.  APRS is far from that changing so rapidly that terrestrial
operators are hard pressed to know how to set up a given TNC for a given
satellite or even a UI frame for that matter!  Simply put, APRS needs to
become a bit more mature in satellite goals and history before continuing.
     Alternately, the 1200 baud satellites ARE underutilized but are
capable of far more than a simple digital repeater relaying multiple
transmissions on each pass rather than one large store and forward
communication.  The thought of APRS on AO27 is simply ludicrous!
     The contribution of members wanting simple FSK modems via sound
cards, nodes displaying large geographical areas are certainly welcome.
But certainly NOT at the expense of longterm AO10, Fuji or AO27 links
already in operation in both analog and digital modes.  Cliff K7RR