Re: 145.900 is not just used by pacsats!

At 11:01 AM 9/9/99 -0600, you wrote:

>For those running mobile APRS on 145.900 for the pacsats
>please note that 145.900 is also the downlink for AO-10
>where ground stations are listening to week SSB DX signals.
>They may get upset if you beacon often with high power when you
>are near them.
>
>It also is on the edge of FO-20 and FO-29 analog transponders,
>which may give you up to another 12 passes a day. These passes
>are longer than the pacsats!
>
>Personally I do not feel good about beaconing blindly knowing about
>these other satellites. With a omni directional uplink you do run a
>chance of getting into the FO birds.
>
>73, Randy N7SFI
Congratulations Randy!!

I'm glad someone said it!!  It is idiotic to have a mode that does not
really convey much intelligence interfering with the modes that do........

I'll never understand the rationale behind something that shows you your
callsign,even if it comes from Mars!!

    73 Dave   wb6llo@amsat.org

           Disagree; I learn.