University Demo

Hello,

Tomorrow (9/8/99) is Indiana University's student Welcomefest.  During this
Welcomefest, all the organizations that compete for a student's time will
have tables setup to try and get students to join their organization.  The
Indiana University Amateur Radio Club was formed in 1925.  Student
membership has been decreasing steadily in the last 3 or 4 years.  We will
do our best to find students that are hams but also find students that
aren't hams and help them get their licenses.

We will be showing APRS and a few other modes and would like to show
satellite communication.  We will be operating AO-27 at the 11:30AM eastern
time pass using the callsign K9IU.  If you hear us, please give us a call.
Hopefully there will be a group of students listening in and this will
encourage them to get involved with amateur radio.

73's
Jay Sissom
KA9OKT
http://www.fms.indiana.edu/~k9iu/