Re: APRS is a stupid mode. was Re: Packet on AO-27

Date sent:      	Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:40:03 -0600
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
From:           	"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" <vlfiscus@mcn.net>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] APRS is a stupid mode. was Re: Packet on AO-27

> APRS is a stupid, useless mode. If I want to know where someone is or
> where they're going they can get on the repeater or simplex and tell me.
> When I want someone to know where I am, I can do the same.
>
> You APRS lovers should start another mailing-list so the rest of us don't
> have to read about your stupid mode.
>
> The only good use for APRS is as an emergency beacon on capsized boats or
> downed aircraft, situations were the occupants might not be able to
> respond.

people with narrow minds are useless. what is useless to one person may
not be too another. opinions like you have voiced should be done between
you and your spouse or significant other, not to the world.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1 (W1), T12, 5.7MHz at 103 deg