Re: APRS is a stupid mode. was Re: Packet on AO-27

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:42:26 -0400, "Erik Gertsen" <ainode@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> i have to say im sorry to read bashing of any kind on this list.

Although I'm not the biggest fan of APRS, I have to say that it deserves as
much discussion on here as anything else. It's amateur satellite related, so
I say go for it. I don't always agree with everything Bob has to say, but I
have to admit that he really goes the extra mile to try and expand our
beloved hobby and to advance it in a technical fashion. At least Bob is
coming up with new and fresh ideas.

Bob, I have disagreed with some of the ideas you have had and I also
pubically admit that my views lean more towards those of Mike Gilchrist, but
you are to be commended for your efforts to further the hobby and to educate
all of us. You are an extremely brilliant person and although I may not
always agree, I do hold you in high esteem and welcome your thoughts and
ideas. The gentleman that wrote the original post does NOT speak for all of
us that are interested and amazed by the amateur satellite aspect of the
hobby.

73 de Jeff W4JEF

           ---- Jeff Johns W4JEF - Reserve Patrol Captain ----
           ---    Jefferson County Sheriff's Department    ---
           ---           Birmingham, Alabama USA           ---
           --- HP200LX & BayPac.. QRP Packet At It's Best! ---
           ---- Finger jeffj@scott.net for my PGP RSA Key ----