Re: Can LINUX soundmodem do PSK1200?

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 09:10:44PM -0400, Bob Bruninga wrote:
 > On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, John Mock wrote:
 >
 > > People have expressed interest in APRS and/or digipeating through 1200 bps
 > > packet satellites.  Can 'soundmodem' decode this?  If not, what would it
 > > take to make this work?
 >
 > Actually, Peter Martinez, Author of the very popular PSK31 sound card
 > program has become interested.  He seems willing to do the PSK modem part
 > if we can hook him up with someone who has already done all the AX.25 TNC
 > emulator code...
 >
 > Can anyone help us?

Unfortunately this will give us a different result. Linux just needs
the actual modem code; the soundmodem driver already has a few different
modulations (AFSK 1200, 2400, HAPN 4800, G3RUH FSK 9600), so with
a compatible interface it should integrate very easily.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).