Re: Texas Potato Masher II

 > For those out there who would like to build a 2 meter or 70 cm LEO
antenna
 > and don't need or want 3 kW EIRP, here's a couple of "new and improved"
small
 > satellite antennas for the do-it-yourselfers.

I can work AO-10 to 20,000 miles out with an Arrow Sat. Ant. mounted to a
camera tripod. I also have a 300 watt brick and an amp built around 2
4cx250's. If I want to dominate a Sat., I can, but that is not very
neighborly..:-)

I do enjoy working AO-27 with my FT-50 with just a whip or a portable Sat
Yagi. It is allot more fun and spontaneous. Please do not discount what
Mike is saying, his point is very valid. Most repeater traffic is shows
better operation practice than what is witnessed by me on AO-27 during the
weekend.

Warmest Regards

Christopher Cox
KC8FRJ