Re: MIR?

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Glezev Alexander Krassimirov wrote:

> I need information as to which satellites I can hear with a 2-metre
> handy and a rubber duck. Appreciate any help on this matter.

Mir was the only one.  It is now QRT.  If you have a UHF handy, and hold
it near the center of a 1 foot by 2 foot corner reflector, you can hear
AO27 FM voice and if you can find the descriminator output of the handy's
demodulator, then you can receive the 9600 baud Pacsats.

I just added a small connector to my $88 Alinco UHF HT to bring out the
discriminator and it lookos like it willl make a great little portable
9600 baud PACSAT handheld (with the corner reflector).

de WB4APR, Bob