SUNSAT SCHEDULE

Hi all

My apologies for late delivery of this schedule. I experienced a problem
in sending messages to the AMSAT-BB due to an incorrect setting in
Netscape. Thanks  Paul for putting me right.

Here is the latest info

Hi all

After last week's non-event here is the schedule for the next two weeks:

SUNSAT's Amateur transponder is scheduled as listed below.

"We may occasionally encounter software bugs (as on 28/9 August)
computer hangs, or finger trouble, so please regard the schedule  as a
goal, and not a guaranteed service" Prof Garth Milne ZR1AFH told SA
AMSAT

Uplink = 145.950 MHz  (Ignore Doppler)
Down   = 436.250 MHz  (+5kHz/0/-5kHz for Doppler in pass.)

On the uplink no allowance for Doppler shift is necessary as the 2M
receiver has AFC that will cope with the 3 kHz Doppler shift.

On the downlink, a Doppler shift of up to +9kHz/-9kHz occurs at the
beginning/end of the pass.

Saturday  4 September
02:41 to 02:59          Australia
09:22 to 09:36          Africa
09:44 to 09:58          Europe
16:18 to 16:35          USA

Sunday  5 September
03:40 to 03:58          Australia
10:21 to 10:36          Africa
10:43 to 10:58          Europe
17:18 to 17:34          USA

Saturday 11 September
02:59 to 03:15          Australia
09:41 to 09:55          Africa
10:01 to 10:17          Europe
16:37 to 16:55          USA

Sunday  12 September
02:20 to 02:38          Australia
10:40 to 10:53          Africa
11:00 to 11:16          Europe
15:58 to 16:15          USA

The passes over Australia will often enable comms over most of
Australia, and then the islands North of Australia including Japan.
Communications between Japan and Australia should be possible for a
short period. Let's here from you!

The pass over Southern Africa should make comms possible between
countries like the RSA, Namibia, Angola, Congo, Zimbabwe,  Zambia,
Mozambique, and as far North as Sudan

On the European pass, comms will be possible between countries in North
Africa and as far North as France, Germany, and parts of Russia.  The
satellite will remain switched on to cover the Scandinavian countries
and Greenland.

The pass over North America should make comms possible from the Northern
countries in South America, the Carribean, most of the  Eastern part of
the USA to the midwest, Canada, and briefly Alaska.

Please send your comments and experience to  saamsat@intekom.co.za

Good luck

Hans ZS5AKV