Re: APRS via AO-16

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> One possibilty for the poor southern performance is the orientation of the
> pacsat antenna on the top of the bird and/or QRM from the southern USA
> which disappears when the birds get north of here..

Bob, if I recall correctly (hopefully someone with 1st-hand knowledge will
correct me if I am mistaken) the magnet orientation is reveresed between
AO-16 and LU-19, so the receiver antenna orientation is different for the
two satellites.

South American and Carribean area QRM on the uplink is, unfortunately, a
real possibility.

73 Steve KA1LM