KO-23 Status ??? UO-36 Info ???

Hello All,
 I have acouple of questions as I just rebuilt my satellite station.

1). Will KO-23 ever recover fully functional server ??? Not sure if I
  should " write off " this satellite forever .

2). I am interested in building a setup to use the 36k4 baud mode on UO-
   36. Has anyone successfully done this ??? Where do I get started ???

73's from K7XQ Jeff  in CM97QI ( Atwater,CA. ) ex KO6RD
EME, HSMS, Satellites
50 MHz - 1296 MHz
Internet: vhf2micro@aol.com
K7XQ Webpage:  http://members.aol.com/vhf2micro/k7xq.html