Dramatic GPS

All the recent talk of GPS reminded me of one of the few (only?)
times I've seen GPS used in a dramatic production. It was an episode
of aussie cop show Water Rats, where they used GPS in the
investigation of an allegedly botched rescue. They needed to make
sure that they were where they were supposed to be...

All well and good, except that in one shot over a character's shoulder
you could see the readout on the receiver. Being me, I freeze-framed
it and noted the numbers. Also being me, I was curious exactly where
33 degrees 51' 5" south, 151 degrees, 11' 44" east was. I make it
McMahon's Point - still in the Sydney area, but many kilometers from
where they were supposed to be (the Tasman Sea, off Gordon's Bay).

A propos San Diego: I have some tentative arrangements. Thanks to
all who got back to me.

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte